Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Collecting and Remembering!

Collecting and Remembering! (GPS)

March, 23rd 2013

How many of us have so many trees on so many areas of land that we find hit hard to keep up with!? Currently I have 9 locations within a 75 mile radius and my records show that I have 43 trees on a 3 years plan - 18 of these I am collecting in the next 4 weeks! This is obviously a lot to remember! I was using a simple spreadsheet provided by the widely used Excel program for tracking, however the use of a new GPS program has enabled life to be much easier!

Cue GPS Essentials!...I found this mobile phone based application on Google Play




Best of all...no cost at all. This app has many uses like navigation values such as: Accuracy, Altitude, Speed, Battery, Bearing, Climb, Course, Date, Declination, Distance, ETA, Latitude, Longitude, Max Speed, Min Speed, Actual Speed, True Speed, Sunrise, Sunset, Moonset, Moonrise, Moon Phase, Target, Time, TTG, Turn. The main things I use this application for are pinpointing the GPS location of the tree, taking notes each time I visit, taking and saving images of the tree each time I visit and most importantly finding the tree each time I want to visit! This app also tracks each one of your steps as you are hunting for the perfect tree so you don't have to remember which area of the land you have already covered. All of this information is saved within the app and I am assuming your phone. Check out this application and let me know what you think! 


No comments:

Post a Comment